Get a quote
Skip to Main Content

Strata Building Cover

Insurance for your bricks, mortar and more

Flex Insurance covers the most important aspects of your property – the building and and all the common property that makes the Strata community.

There’s more to a building than meets the eye.

Building and building elements that are covered include common property such as: 

  • steps 
  • stairwells 
  • driveway
  • glass windows
  • doors
  • oven/stove
  • fixed kitchen cupboards
  • fixed bathroom vanity
  • shower screens
  • fences
  • letterboxes
  • gates and video entries
  • garage doors
  • common gardens and irrigation systems
  • rainwater tanks
  • guttering and downpipes
  • basements 
  • fire exits
  • garbage chutes and bin rooms
  • sheds
  • garages and carports
  • gazebos, patios and conservatories
  • structural walls, foundations and formwork
  • plumbing and wiring
  • balconies and balustrades
  • sewers and septic tanks systems
  • external and common-area lighting and security
  • roofing/ceilings
  • cooling towers

Frequently asked questions

  • What types of property are covered?

    Flex Insurance covers all sorts of strata buildings from single level duplexes and rows of townhouses to towering apartment complexes. In fact, any building that’s part of a strata plan.

  • What about shared contents?

    Yes, Flex Insurance covers the contents of common areas too – indoors and out.

  • Who pays for the insurance?

    Your owners’ corporation (also called body corporate, strata corporation, corporation and strata company - depending on the state or territory) pays the building insurance premium out of the strata fees it collects from owners each year. That means, as a unit owner, you don’t need to take out your own building insurance – it’s already covered. However, building and strata insurance stop at the door to your unit, so if you want total peace-of-mind, it's best to take out contents or landlord insurance to cover all the things inside your unit.